Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Singing Soldiers & Wives

Music has become an integral part of my life since childhood because I come from a family who loves music.  My father was a combo player and my mother sings well.  My love for singing was born when I was in second year high school as a member of the school choir. I never thought that my talent would be recognized since I am now working.  Honestly, I just sing in church and you will seldom hear my voice in videoke because I am not at ease in singing other songs.  

When I was assigned in Tarlac sometime in 2007, by chance I was able to form a group purposely to sing during masses at the post chapel.  Our group was composed of soldiers and their wives who were members of the Couples for Christ hence, I did not find it difficult to teach them because they are also singing during meetings and other sessions.  In 2009, I was reassigned to Mindanao, the group was left and according to them, they rested on the time I was not with them until August of 2011 when I was recalled to Tarlac.  Our group was then reorganized with some additional members however, as time goes by, the others cannot withstand for reasons they only knew.  Nevertheless, the original members stayed strong.  Our service to God will not end, we continue praising the Lord with our talents in singing and through thick and thin, we will still remain.

Indeed I am grateful to my group members whom I consider as my foster parents, my older sisters and brothers who are always willing to help and offer their time and services just for free.  We all believe that the strong shall stand firm and will remain forever to serve and love the Lord.

To God be the Glory forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment