Monday, April 16, 2012

I Love Music

Music runs in our blood per say.  My father was a combo player and he played the guitar, drums and keyboard.  My mother sings pretty well.  My twin-brother plays guitar too.  How about me?  I will not allow myself to be left behind the talents of my family members.

Ukulele
At the age of 5, my father taught me and my twin-brother to play the Ukulele and the first song I mastered was the "Come Holy Spirit". 
Banduria
At 10 years old, my father taught me to play the banduria.  A string instrument with 12 strings.  The first piece I mastered was the Philippine National Anthem.
Acoustic Guitar
At 12 years old, I learned to play the guitar all by myself.  When my father was at the farm, I took the opportunity to study and practice playing his acoustic guitar then later his electric guitar.  


On that age, I learned to play the Octavina borrowed from my cousin who plays well with the instrument.  And at the age of 14, my father taught me to play a keyboard instrument.  The best instrument I played that up to the present, where ever I am assigned, I always find a way to have my own.  I am active in church as the Choir Leader, before I give the piece to our guitarists, I practice it first in my keyboard to ensure that they can easily follow the tune and the arrangement.



No comments:

Post a Comment