Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I never thought...

ARE YOU THE PERSON WHOSE ASPIRATION AS A KID BECAME A REALITY?  As for me, NO because I never thought that I would be in the profession dominated by men.  Destiny perhaps brought me here.

When I was a kid, I never dreamed of becoming a teacher, doctor, soldier or any white-collared job.  When I was in high school, I want to become a nun however, my uncle who was also my teacher advised me that I have to make sure whether I really wanted to become one or just fascinated by the nuns I see in church. One important question he asked me was "Who will inherit your intellectual excellence?" so it made me think many times.

In college, i was disappointed to see my classmates not studying their lessons especially when they presented their reports and they were not able to answer correctly so I said to myself "I don't to become a teacher.

Reviewing a case...
After graduation in college, I went to Manila to look for work.  Unexpectedly, I took the exams for soldiery and so out of the blue, after a series of examinations both mental, physical and psychological, I was lucky to be a member of the candidates for officers in the AFP.  After a year of training, I was then assigned to the Army's one of the elite units.  I never thought that once you are a soldier especially officer you will be a teacher also.  My negative thoughts of choosing the profession in teaching was then twisted 360 degrees when I was deployed in the field.  I taught soldiers and even their wives then I was called to render service to my Alma Mater, the Officer Candidate School as Tactical Officer and had the same work.  After more than a year, I was recalled by my mother unit to perform Instructor Duty in or own school and so my teaching skills was further honed.  

After taking up my advance course, I was reassigned in Mindanao to serve as Company Commander.  As a commander, one of my duties was to train my men to become proficient in combat - yes in combat despite of being a female soldier I did it.  After my stint in Mindanao, I was reassigned to Luzon again with the office that is  in-charge with the unit's human resources.  Again, the school invites me to give lectures to their students both career and specialization courses.

In my present assignment and designation, I do reviews of cases committed by erring soldiers.  Again, I am not a lawyer and yet I am performing the job that requires knowledge on penal laws, articles of war and others.  Thanks to the many references I gathered from previous seminars and trainings at least I have earned some credits.  

Despite of the twists in my life, I am still blessed because God has this plans for me.  So I offer all my accomplishments to him and pray that He will continue to give me the wisdom I need in my work.  Happy much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment