Friday, April 13, 2012

Wish List for Summer 2012

Its more fun in the Philippines!  Definitely yes! For the past years, my summer was focused on working and working and working and I did not have time to unwind and enjoy the favorite season of our fellows. For this year, I have four wishes and hope that I would be able to make at least two of these to come true.

First and foremost is the trek to Mount Pinatubo, Zambales on the third week of April.  Although I was able to climb this famous mountain sometime in 2006 when I was assigned in TRADOC, Philippine Army, I still want to conquer it for the second time around to experience the short trek compared to the six (6) hours we had before.  I am excited for this trek for the reason that people close to me will be joining us and I will not be wearing battle dress uniform with an M16 rifle and bandoler with loaded magazines.  That time, our students were having their marches and bivouacs thus, we have to be in full combat gear.  This time, I will be a tourist for this activity.

Secondly, I want to treat myself by swimming in the beautiful beach of San Fabian, Pangasinan on the last week of April.  My nephew will be celebrating his 7th birthday on 28 April and on the 29th is my mother's second death anniversary and I am planning to have the two occasion celebrated in the beach with people close to me as guests.  This venue is perfect to relax myself from the busy schedules I had for the past months and spend quality time with the people I love.
My third wish for this summer is to conquer Mount Pulag.  Actually, our boss has this plan and I was tasked to make the plan and do the coordination with Travel Factor so I will take the opportunity to join their group.  In addition, I am being challenged by a group of people featured in Rated K sometime in March 2012 who have physical disabilities who conquered the mountain.  They have prosthetic legs and yet, they were able to make it to the peak!  If they can, why can't I? 

My last wish is to visit Capas Shrine.  Yes, its just our neighbor and I have been assigned in Tarlac for years but still unable to get inside the shrine.  I only reached the gate of the shrine when our students had their map reading and I was tasked to supervise them.  Hopefully before the summer ends, I can get inside and look at the names of my relatives who died during World War II.  Likewise, there is a picnic ground inside where I could spend quality time to people close to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment