Monday, May 14, 2012

A Tribute for Nanay

Two years ago, my mother died due to health complications.  I knew her as a mother who is very supportive in my studies, career and personal life.  Her journey to the other side of the world was a great loss for us since our father has already left us almost six years ago.

I could still remember the laughter, joke, stories and other family bonding activities when she was still alive.  When I go home for a vacation, I would always ask her to cook ginataang langka for me and at night time a massage on my tired legs.

I salute my mother for raising me and my twin-brother Marlo without any nanny.  Anyone could imagine how she did the chores at home while taking care of us and helping my father in the farm.  I lived with my parents until the age of 20 before going to Manila to look for a greener pasture. 

Gone are the days with my mother.  What's left are the sweet memories we had together which I will treasure for the rest of my life.  I love you so much Nanay, I now that despite of my imperfections, you are very proud of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment